Terms and Conditions
Here are our terms and conditions. Agreement. Please contact us if you have any other questions.
Thanks for connecting.
The 242tasker.com terms & conditions (Created March 1st, 2022) outline 242tasker.com’s and Your obligations and responsibilities on the 242tasker.com Platform
User Agreement: www.242tasker.com
242tasker.com operates an online platform allowing Users to connect through the 242tasker.com Platform with other Users who provide Services.
1. SCOPE OF AIRTASKER SERVICES
• 1.1 242tasker.com provides the 242tasker.com Platform to enable Posters to publish Posted Tasks.
• 1.2 Taskers may make an Offer in response to a Posted Task. Some parts of Offer details may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not Users.
• 1.3 A Poster may revoke or modify a Posted Task at any time before he/she accepts an Offer. 242tasker.com reserves the right to cancel all Offers on a Posted Task made prior to the modification.
• 1.4 If a Poster accepts an Offer on the 242tasker.com Platform, a Task Contract is created between the Tasker and the Poster.
• 1.5 Upon creation of a Task Contract, the Poster must pay the Agreed Price into the Payment Account.
• 1.6 Upon creation of the Task Contract, 242tasker.com has rendered 242tasker.com Services and the Service Fee is due and payable.
• 1.7 Once the Task Contract is created, the Tasker and Poster may vary the Task Contract on the 242tasker.com Platform. The Poster and Tasker are encouraged to use 242tasker.com’s private messaging system to amend or vary the Task Contract (including the Agreed Price) or to otherwise communicate.
• 1.8 Once the Services are complete, the Tasker must provide notice of that on the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 1.9 Once the Services are complete, the Poster must provide notice of that on the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 1.10 Once the Posted Task has been completed and the Poster confirms the Services are completed, or if 242tasker.com is satisfied the Services have been completed, the Tasker Funds will be released by 242tasker.com from the Payment Account to the Tasker. However, this process does not apply to the payment of Recurring Services which is addressed in clause 1.20 below.
• 1.11 After the Task Contract is completed, the parties are encouraged to review and provide feedback of the Services on the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 1.12 242tasker.com may also provide a Search Assist feature enabling Posters to submit an Offer for Services.
• 1.13 An Offer submitted by a Poster using Search Assist may be notified to other Users and such Users may elect to make an Instant Claim of it.
• 1.14 When using Search Assist a Task Contract is created when a Tasker makes an Instant Claim (and in the case of Recurring Services a Task Contract is created for the first Occurrence only). For Recurring Services, the next Task Contract is created upon completion of the previous Occurrence.
• 1.15 A Poster may revoke or modify its Offer in using Search Assist, including for Recurring Services, at any time before a Tasker makes an Instant Claim. 242tasker.com reserves the right to cancel all Posted Tasks made prior to the revocation or modification.
• 1.16 242tasker.com may also provide a Tasker Listing feature enabling Taskers to publish Offers for Services.
• 1.17 242tasker.com may publish Tasker Listings from time to time in its absolute discretion.
• 1.18 A Poster may request to book a Tasker Listing by clicking on the Request Booking button and completing the booking request. The Tasker may then make an offer to perform the Task. When using Tasker Listing, a Task Contract is created when the Poster accepts the offer made by the Tasker.
• 1.19 A Tasker may revoke or modify its Tasker Listing at any time before a Poster accepts a Tasker’s offer.
• 1.20 For Recurring Services and subject to clause 1.21, once the Occurrence has been completed and the Tasker confirms the Occurrence is completed (or if 242tasker.com is satisfied the Occurrence is completed) then the Tasker Funds for that Occurrence will automatically be released by 242tasker.com from the Payment Account to the Tasker.
• 1.21 The Poster may elect to pause automatic payment of Tasker Funds for an Occurrence within 24 hours from when the Tasker confirms the Occurrence is completed. If the Poster pauses such automatic payment in accordance with this clause, then the Tasker Funds will not be released by 242tasker.com from the Payment Account to the Tasker until the Poster also confirms that the Occurrence is completed.
2. 242TASKER'S ROLE AND OBLIGATIONS
• 2.1 242tasker.com provides the 242tasker.com Platform only, enabling Users to publish and make Offers on Posted Tasks or publish Offers for Services or make Instant Claims of Tasker Listings.
• 2.2 242tasker.com only permits individuals over 18 years of age to become Users.
• 2.3 Users must be natural persons but can specify within their account description that they represent a business entity.
• 2.4 At its absolute discretion, 242tasker.com may refuse to allow any person to register or create an account with 242tasker.com or cancel or suspend or modify any existing account including if 242tasker.com reasonably forms the view that a user’s conduct (including a breach of this Agreement) is detrimental to the operation of the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 2.5 Registering and creating an account with 242tasker.com is free. There is no charge for a Poster to post tasks, or for other 242tasker.com Users to review content on the 242tasker.com Platform, including Posted Tasks.
• 2.6 242tasker.com accepts no liability for any aspect of the Poster and Tasker interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of Services.
• 2.7 242tasker.com has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by Users, including, but not limited to, the ability of Taskers to perform tasks or supply items, or the honesty or accuracy of any information provided by Posters or the Posters' ability to pay for the Services requested.
• 2.8 Except for liability in relation to any Non-excludable Condition, the 242tasker.com Service is provided on an "as is" basis, and without any warranty or condition, express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, we and our suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
• 2.9 242tasker.com has no obligation to any User to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users, although may do so to improve User experience.
• 2.10 You understand and agree that 242tasker.com does not undertake any investigation in relation to any tasker or third-party service provider before they are admitted to the platform, including criminal checks, verification of qualification or license held, or any character or other checks of the suitability of a tasker or third-party service provider to perform any task which they may claim to be able to provide on the platform. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for conducting any appropriate background checks and obtaining references, licenses, certifications, or proof of insurance prior to engaging a tasker to perform services. You further understand and agree that you are solely responsible for making your own evaluations, decisions, and assessments about choosing a tasker. You agree to assume all risks and you agree to expressly release, indemnify, and hold harmless 242tasker.com from any and all loss, liability, injury, death, damage, or costs arising or in any way related to the services.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS
• 3.1 You will at all times:
o (a) comply with this Agreement (including all Policies) and all applicable laws and regulations.
o (b) only post accurate information on the 242tasker.com Platform.
o (c) ensure that You are aware of any laws that apply to You as a Poster or Tasker, or in relation to using the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 3.2 You agree that any content (whether provided by 242tasker.com, a User or a third party) on the 242tasker.com Platform may not be used on third party sites or for other business purposes without 242tasker.com’s prior permission.
• 3.3 You must not use the 242tasker.com Platform for any illegal or immoral purpose.
• 3.4 You must maintain control of Your 242tasker.com account at all times. This includes not allowing others to use Your account, or by transferring or selling Your account or any of its content to another person.
• 3.5 You grant 242tasker.com an unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify and adapt any content and information posted on the 242tasker.com Platform for the purpose of publishing material on the 242tasker.com Platform and as otherwise may be required to provide the 242tasker.com Service, for the general promotion of the 242tasker.com Service, and as permitted by this Agreement.
• 3.6 You agree that any information posted on the 242tasker.com Platform must not, in any way whatsoever, be potentially or actually harmful to 242tasker.com or any other person. Harm includes, but is not limited to, economic loss that will or may be suffered by 242tasker.com.
• 3.7 Without limiting any provision of this Agreement, any information You supply to 242tasker.com or publish in an Offer, or a Posted Task (including as part of an Offer) must be up to date and kept up to date and must not:
o (a) be false, inaccurate, or misleading or deceptive.
o (b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items.
o (c) infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality, or privacy.
o (d) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export and import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, antidiscrimination and trade practices/fair trading laws);
o (e) be defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing.
o (f) be obscene or contain any material that, in 242tasker.com’s sole and absolute discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unlawful, including, but not limited to obscene, inappropriate or unlawful images; or
o (g) contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts the intended function of any 242tasker.com Platform, including, but not limited to viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
• 3.8 242tasker.com Platform may from time to time engage location-based or map-based functionality. The 242tasker.com Platform may display the location of Posters and Taskers to persons browsing the 242tasker.com Platform. A User should never disclose personal details such as the Poster's full name, street number, phone number or email address in a Posted Task or in any other public communication on the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 3.9 If You are a Tasker, you must have the right to provide Services under a Task Contract and to work in the jurisdiction where the Services are performed. You must comply with tax and regulatory obligations in relation to any payment (including Tasker Funds) received under a Task Contract.
• 3.10 You must not, when supplying Services, charge a Poster any fees on top of the Tasker Funds. However, the parties to a Task Contract may agree to amend the Agreed Price through the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 3.11 You must not request payments outside of the 242tasker.com Platform from the Poster for the Services except to the extent permitted by clause 3.12 and only if the 242tasker.com Platform does not facilitate the reimbursement via the Payment Account of costs considered in clause 3.12.
• 3.12 If a Tasker agrees to pay some costs of completing the Services (such as equipment to complete the Services), the Tasker is solely responsible for obtaining any reimbursement from the Poster. 242tasker.com advises Taskers not to agree to incur costs in advance of receiving the payment for these costs, unless the Tasker is confident the Poster will reimburse the costs promptly.
• 3.13 For the proper operation of the 242tasker.com Platform (including insurance, proper pricing and compliance with Policies), the Tasker must ensure that, if it subcontracts any part of the performance of the Services to a third party in accordance with a Task Contract, then that third party must also be a registered User of the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 3.14 If 242tasker.com determines at its sole discretion that You have breached any obligation under this clause 3 or that You have breached one or more Task Contracts, it reserves the rights to remove any content, Posted Task or Offer You have submitted to the 242tasker.com Service or cancel or suspend Your account and/or any Task Contracts.
• 4.1 Upon the creation of a Task Contract, the Tasker and Poster each owes 242tasker.com the respective portion of the Service Fee. The Service Fee will automatically be deducted from the Agreed Price held in the Payment Account.
• 4.2 If the Posted Task requires a Tasker to incur costs in completing the Services, the cost incurred will not be included in any calculation of Fees.
• 4.3 Fees do not include any fees that may be due to Third Party Service providers. All Third-Party Service providers are paid pursuant to a User's separate agreement with that Third Party Service provider.
• 4.4 All Fees and charges payable to 242tasker.com are non-cancellable and non-refundable, save for Your rights under any Non-Excludable Conditions.
• 4.5 If 242tasker.com introduces a new service on the 242tasker.com Platform, the Fees applying to that service will be payable as from the launch of the service.
• 4.6 242tasker.com may set-off any Fees against any Tasker Funds or other amounts held by 242tasker.com on behalf of a User.
• 4.7 242tasker.com may restrict a User's account until all Fees have been paid.
5. PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
• 5.1 If the Task Contract is cancelled for any reason (by a Poster, a Tasker or under this Agreement) prior to the commencement of the Task Contract, then if 242tasker.com is reasonably satisfied that the Agreed Price should be returned to the Poster then the Agreed Price will be refunded to the Poster as Stored Value and a Cancellation Admin Fee will be due to 242tasker.com by the User who the cancellation of the Task Contract is attributable to under clause 5.5 or 5.6.
• 5.2 242tasker.com may decide in its absolute discretion to refund the Agreed Price back onto the Poster's credit card instead of Stored Value or waive the Cancellation Admin Fee.
• 5.3 Any amount returned by 242tasker.com to a Poster on behalf of a Tasker under clause 5.1 will be a debt owed by the Tasker to 242tasker.com and may be offset by 242tasker.com against any other payments owed at any time to the Tasker.
• 5.4 Any outstanding Cancellation Admin Fee owed by a User under clause 5.1 will be a debt owed by that User to 242tasker.com and may also be offset by 242tasker.com against any other payments owed at any time to the User.
• 5.5 Cancellation of a Task Contract will be attributable to the Tasker where:
o (a) the Poster and the Tasker mutually agree to cancel the Task Contract; or
o (b) following reasonable but unsuccessful attempts by a Poster to contact a Tasker to perform the Task Contract, the Task Contract is cancelled by the Poster; or
o (c) the Tasker cancels the Task Contract; or
o (d) a Task Contract is cancelled in accordance with clause 3.14 because of the Tasker’s actions or breach.
• 5.6 A Cancellation of a Task Contract will be attributable to a Poster where:
o (a) the Poster cancels the Task Contract (other than in accordance with clause 5.5(b); or
o (b) a Task Contract is cancelled in accordance with clause 3.14 because of the Poster’s actions or breach.
• 5.7 If the parties agree to any additional cancellation fee payable under the Task Contract, it is the responsibility of the party aggrieved to claim any amount owed directly from the other.
• 5.8 242tasker.com may take up to 14 days to return the Agreed Price (less the Cancellation Admin Fee, if applicable) to the Poster.
• 5.9 If, for any reason, the Tasker Funds cannot be transferred or otherwise made to the Tasker or returned to the Poster (as the case may be) or no claim is otherwise made for the Tasker Funds, the Tasker Funds will remain in the Payment Account until paid or otherwise for up to three months from the date the Poster initially paid the Agreed Price into the Payment Account.
• 5.10 Following the 3 months referred to in clause 5.9 and provided there is still no dispute in respect of the Tasker Funds, the Tasker Funds will be credited to the Poster as Stored Value.
• 5.11 If the Task Contract is cancelled and a User who is party to the Task Contract can show that work under a Task Contract was commenced, then the amount of the Agreed Price to be returned to the Poster will be conditional upon the mediation and dispute process in clause 18. However, the Cancellation Admin Fee will always be due in accordance with clause 5.1.
6. STORED VALUE
• 6.1 Stored Value:
o (a) can be used by the credited User to pay for any new Services via the 242tasker.com Platform.
o (b) are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
o (c) cannot be replaced, exchanged or reloaded or transferred to another card or account.
o (d) are valid for 12 months from the date on which that particular Stored Value is applied to a User's account, the date of issue or purchase or any expiry date applied by 242tasker.com (conditional upon any contrary specific jurisdictional legislative requirements);
o (e) if the Stored Value is acquired other than under this Agreement, it may also be conditional on compliance with additional, or different, terms and conditions, as specified in relation to Stored Value, such as a restriction on when the Stored Value is redeemable (for example only for a User's first Task Contract), specify a minimum Services value, or specify a maximum credit or discount value; and
o (f) must not be reproduced, copied, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the credited User, or stored in a data retrieval system, without 242tasker.com's prior written permission.
• 6.2 The User credited with a Stored Value is solely responsible for the security of any Stored Value. Save for the Non-Excludable Conditions, 242tasker.com will have no liability for any loss or damage to the Stored Value and does not have any obligation to replace Stored Value.
• 6.3 242tasker.com will not accept, and may refuse or cancel, any Stored Value, which it reasonably determines in its discretion, have been used in breach of this Agreement or have been forged, tampered with, or are otherwise fraudulent and 242tasker.com reserves the right to refer any suspected fraudulent activity to relevant law enforcement authorities. In particular, Stored Value, such as promotional coupons, vouchers or codes distributed or circulated without our approval, for example on an internet message board or on a "bargains" website, are not valid for use and may be refused or cancelled.
• 6.4 242tasker.com is entitled to any value on Stored Value which is not redeemed before the Stored Value expires or is cancelled by 242tasker.com.
7. BUSINESS PARTNERS
• 7.1 242tasker.com may enter into agreements with Business Partners and may seek to engage Taskers in the provision of Business Services. Taskers who agree to perform Business Services for Business Partners acknowledge and agree that 242tasker.com and the Business Partner may on-sell Services supplied to third parties for an increased fee.
• 7.2 Business Partners may require Taskers providing Business Services to be approved or hold particular qualifications. 242tasker.com may assist Business Partners to locate suitably qualified Taskers. 242tasker.com makes no warranty that it will promote any or all suitably qualified Taskers to Business Partners.
• 7.3 Business Partners may require Taskers to enter into a Business Partner Contract before providing Business Services.
• 7.4 Where a Tasker accepts a Posted Task with a Business Partner:
o (a) the Tasker must provide Business Services to the Business Partner in accordance with the Task Contract and any applicable Business Partner Contract; and
o (b) the terms of the Business Partner Contract will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency.
8. PAYMENT FACILITY
• 8.1 242tasker.com uses a Payment Provider to operate the Payment Account.
• 8.2 In so far as it is relevant to the provision of the Payment Account, the terms at General Terms of Service (squareup.com) are incorporated into this Agreement and will prevail over this Agreement to the extent of any inconsistency in relation to the provision of the Payment Account.
• 8.3 If 242tasker.com changes its Payment Provider You may be asked to agree to any further additional terms with those providers. If you do not agree to them, you will be given alternative means of payment.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
• 9.1 242tasker.com may from time to time include Third Party Services on the 242tasker.com Platform. These Third-Party Services are not provided by 242tasker.com.
• 9.2 Third Party Services are offered to Users pursuant to the third party's terms and conditions. Third Party Services may be promoted on the 242tasker.com Platform as a convenience to our Users who may find the Third-Party Services of interest or of use.
• 9.3 If a User engages with any Third-Party Service provider, the agreement will be directly between the User and that Third Party Service provider.
• 9.4 242tasker.com makes no representation or warranty as to the Third-Party Services. However, to help us continue to improve our 242tasker.com Platform.
10. VERIFICATION & BADGES
• 10.1 242tasker.com may use Identity Verification Services.
• 10.2 You agree that 242tasker.com Identity Verification Services may not be fully accurate as all 242tasker.com Services are dependent on User-supplied information and/or information or Verification Services provided by third parties.
• 10.3 You are solely responsible for identity verification and 242tasker.com accepts no responsibility for any use that is made of an 242tasker.com Identity Verification Service.
• 10.4 242tasker.com Identity Verification Services may be modified at any time.
• 10.5 The 242tasker.com Platform may also include a User-initiated feedback system to help evaluate Users.
• 10.6 242tasker.com may make Badges available to Taskers. The available Badge can be requested by the Tasker via the 242tasker.com Platform and arranged on behalf of the Tasker and issued by 242tasker.com, for a fee. Obtaining Badges may be conditional upon the provision of certain information or documentation by the Tasker and determined by 242tasker.com or a third-party verifier which shall be governed by its terms.
• 10.7 You acknowledge that Badges are point in time checks and may not be accurate at the time it is displayed. You acknowledge that to the extent You relied on a Badge in entering into a Task Contract, you do so aware of this limitation. You should seek to verify any Badge with the Tasker prior to commencing the task.
• 10.8 It remains the Tasker's responsibility to ensure that information or documentation it provides in obtaining a Badge is true and accurate and must inform 242tasker.com immediately if a Badge is no longer valid.
• 10.9 242tasker.com may, at its discretion, issue Badges to Taskers for a fee.
• 10.10 The issue of a Badge to a Tasker remains in the control of 242tasker.com and the display and use of a Badge is licensed to the Tasker for use on the 242tasker.com Platform only. Any verification obtained as a result of the issue of a Badge may not be used for any other purpose outside of the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 10.11 242tasker.com retains the discretion and right to not issue, or remove without notice, a Badge if You are in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement, the Badge has been issued incorrectly, obtained falsely, has expired, is no longer valid or for any other reason requiring its removal by 242tasker.com.
11. COVID-19 VACCINATION BADGES
• 11.1 For a COVID-19 vaccination badge (Covid Badge) to be added to your 242tasker.com user profile, you must provide 242tasker.com with a copy of your government issued COVID-19 vaccination documentation (Covid Documentation). By providing the Covid Documentation for assessment, you represent and warrant to 242tasker.com that the Covid Documentation is genuine and was issued to you by the relevant federal or state government authority. You also represent and warrant that all information you provide in relation to the Covid Badge verification process is true, accurate, and not misleading, deceptive or fraudulent in any manner. If you provide any data that is not true and accurate or is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent you may be barred from using the 242tasker.com platform in future.
Consent to Process Data
• 11.2 By submitting your personal information or otherwise using the 242tasker.com platform or presenting a Covid Badge on your profile, you consent to the use, processing and storage of your personal information, including sensitive medical data provided, in accordance with these terms and conditions. You expressly acknowledge that 242tasker.com may provide your personal information to any third-party service provider contracted for the purposes of assessing your data. 242tasker.com (and its third-party processors) may store your personal information for the duration of your period as a User of the 242tasker.com platform and up to 6 months after you terminate your profile on the platform.
• 11.3 242tasker.com (or its third-party processors) will assess the Covid Documentation provided by a User and verify that:
o the Covid Documentation is consistent in form and content with certificates then being issued by the relevant federal or state government authority.
o the name on the Covid Documentation matches the name of the User (Customer or Tasker) recorded on the 242tasker.com platform.
• 242tasker.com will take no other steps to verify the validity of the Covid Documentation. Once this information is verified the Covid Badge will be issued. The Covid Badge is evidence that 242tasker.com has carried out the above steps only. 242tasker.com gives no warranty or representation that the Covid Documentation has been properly issued or is otherwise current and valid, or that the User has been vaccinated.
• 11.4 You understand and agree that individual Users (Customers or Taskers) are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information they provide and 242tasker.com does not undertake investigations in relation to Users’ vaccination status. You further understand and agree that it is solely your responsibility to verify the vaccination status of any User (Customer or Tasker) you may come in contact with during the course of a Task, whether or not they have a Covid Badge. You expressly release, indemnify and hold harmless 242tasker.com and its associates and its third-party processors from any and all loss, liability, injury, death, damage, or costs arising or in any way related to the Covid status of a User in relation to any services provided or acquired through the 242tasker.com platform.
• 11.5 USERS OF THE PLATFORM ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ONLY STEPS 242TASKER.COM HAS TAKEN TO ASSESS THE VERACITY OF THE COVID DOCUMENTATION ARE AS SET OUT ABOVE. CONSEQUENTLY, THE ISSUE OF A COVID BADGE TO A USER (CUSTOMER OR TASKER) BY AIRTASKER MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON AS VERIFICATION THAT THE USER HAS VALID COVID DOCUMENTATION ISSUED BY A RELEVANT GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY OR IS VACCINATED. 242TASKER.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY A USER OF THE PLATFORM IN RELIANCE ON THE COVID BADGE OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY CONTEMPLATED BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
• 12.1 242tasker.com may offer its Users in The Bahamas an opportunity to obtain insurance for certain Task Contracts. All such insurance will be offered by a third party. Any application and terms and conditions for such third-party insurance will be displayed on the 242tasker.com website when they are available. 242tasker.com confirms that all insurance policies are Third Party Services and governed by further terms that may be set out for Third Party Services.
• 12.2 242tasker.com does not represent that any insurance it acquires, or which is offered via the 242tasker.com Platform is adequate or appropriate for any User.
• 12.3 Each User must make its own enquiries about whether any further insurance is required, and Taskers remain responsible for ensuring that they have, and maintain, sufficient insurance to cover the Services provided to other Users of the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 12.4 242tasker.com may also take out other insurance itself and that insurance may at 242tasker.com's option extend some types of cover to Users. 242tasker.com reserves the right to change the terms of its insurance policies with the third-party insurance providers at any time.
• 12.5 You acknowledge and agree that in the event that a claim is made relating to any services performed and/or goods provided by a Tasker, and the insurance taken out by 242tasker.com (if any) responds to that claim then this clause applies. If a claim is made against a Tasker, 242tasker.com may (provided that the Tasker consents) elect to make a claim under any applicable policy and if the claim is successful, 242tasker.com reserves its right to recover any excess or deductible payable in respect of the claim from the Tasker. Where 242tasker.com makes a claim and the insurer assesses that the Tasker is responsible, 242tasker.com is entitled to rely on that assessment. If You do not pay any excess due under this clause, 242tasker.com may also elect to set this amount off some or all of the excess paid by it against future moneys it may owe to You.
• 12.6 You acknowledge and agree that in the event that a claim is made relating to any services performed and/or goods provided by a Tasker, and the insurance taken out by 242tasker.com (if any) does not respond to the claim or the claim is below the excess payable to the insurer, then this clause applies. 242tasker.com may elect to reject or pay an amount to settle a claim not covered by 242tasker.com's own insurance policies. To the extent that the Tasker was or would be liable for the amount of the claim, if 242tasker.com elects to pay an amount to settle the claim the amount paid by 242tasker.com may be recovered by 242tasker.com from the Tasker. 242tasker.com may also elect to set this amount off against future moneys it may owe to the Tasker.
• 13.1 You can complain about any comment made on the 242tasker.com Platform using the 'Report' function of the 242tasker.com Platform or contact 242tasker.com via the 242tasker.com Platform.
• 13.2 242tasker.com is entitled to suspend or terminate Your account at any time if 242tasker.com, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any feedback about You, or considers Your feedback rating to be problematic for other 242tasker.com Users.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• Please see Your Country Specific Terms for the applicable exclusions and limitations of liability.
• 15.2 242tasker.com will endeavor to permit you to transact anonymously on the 242tasker.com Platform. However, in order to ensure 242tasker.com can reduce the incidence of fraud and other behavior in breach of the Community Guidelines, 242tasker.com reserves the right to ask Users to verify themselves in order to remain a User.
16. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGREEMENT
• 16.1 242tasker.com may modify this Agreement or the Policies (and update the 242tasker.com pages on which they are displayed) from time to time. 242tasker.com will send notification of such modifications to Your 242tasker.com account or advise You the next time You login.
• 16.2 When You actively agree to amended terms (for example, by clicking a button saying "I accept") or use the 242tasker.com Platform in any manner, including engaging in any acts in connection with a Task Contract, the amended terms will be effective immediately. In all other cases, the amended terms will automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially notified to You.
• 16.3 If You do not agree with any changes to this Agreement (or any of our Policies), You must either terminate your account or You must notify 242tasker.com who will terminate Your 242tasker.com account and stop using the 242tasker.com Service.
17. NO AGENCY
• 17.1 No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or other similar relationship is created by this Agreement. In particular You have no authority to bind 242tasker.com, its related entities or affiliates in any way whatsoever. 242tasker.com confirms that all Third-Party Services that may be promoted on the 242tasker.com Platform are provided solely by such Third-Party Service providers. To the extent permitted by law, 242tasker.com specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage incurred by You in any manner due to the performance or non-performance of such Third-Party Service.
• 18.1 Except as stated otherwise, any notices must be given by registered ordinary post or by email, either to 242tasker.com's contact address as displayed on the 242tasker.com Platform, or to 242tasker.com Users' contact address as provided at registration. Any notice shall be deemed given:
o (a) if sent by email, 24 hours after email is sent, unless the User is notified that the email address is invalid or the email is undeliverable, and
o (b) if sent by pre-paid post, three Business Days after the date of posting, or on the seventh Business Day after the date of posting if sent to or posted from outside the jurisdiction in which You have Your 242tasker.com Platform account.
• 18.2 Notices related to performance of any Third-Party Service must be delivered to such third party as set out in the Third Party Service provider's terms and conditions.
19. MEDIATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
• 19.1 242tasker.com encourages You to try and resolve disputes (including claims for returns or refunds) with other Users directly. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that 242tasker.com may, in its absolute discretion, provide Your information as it decides is suitable to other parties involved in the dispute.
• 19.2 If a dispute arises with another User, you must co-operate with the other User and make a genuine attempt to resolve the dispute.
• 19.3 242tasker.com may elect to assist Users resolve disputes. Any User may refer a dispute to 242tasker.com. You must co-operate with any investigation undertaken by 242tasker.com. 242tasker.com reserves the right to make a final determination (acting reasonably) based on the information supplied by the Users and direct the Payment Provider to make payment accordingly. You may raise your dispute with the other User or 242tasker.com's determination in an applicable court or tribunal.
• 19.4 242tasker.com has the right to hold any Agreed Price that is the subject of a dispute in the Payment Account, until the dispute has been resolved.
• 19.5 242tasker.com may provide access to a Third-Party Dispute Service. If such a service is provided, either party may request the other party to submit to the Third-Party Dispute Service if the parties have failed to resolve the dispute directly. Terms and conditions for the Third-Party Dispute Service will be available on request. The Third-Party Dispute Service is a Third-Party Service and Users are responsible for paying any costs associated with the Third Party Dispute Service.
• 19.6 Disputes with any Third-Party Service provider must proceed pursuant to any dispute resolution process set out in the terms of service of the Third-Party Service provider.
• 19.7 If You have a complaint about the 242tasker.com Service please contact us here.
• 19.8 If 242tasker.com provides information about other Users to You for the purposes of resolving disputes under this clause, You acknowledge and agree that such information will be used only for the purpose of resolving the dispute (and no other purpose) and that you will be responsible and liable to 242tasker.com for any costs, losses or liabilities incurred by 242tasker.com in relation to any claims relating to any other use of information not permitted by this Agreement.
• 20.1 Either You or242tasker.com may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time for any reason.
• 20.2 Termination of this Agreement does not affect any Task Contract that has been formed between 242tasker.com Users.
• 20.3 Third Party Services are conditional upon, and governed by, Third Party Service provider terms and conditions.
• 20.4 Sections 4 (Fees), 13 (Limitation of Liability) and 18 (Mediation and Dispute Resolution) and any other terms which by their nature should continue to apply, will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
• 20.5 If Your account or this Agreement are terminated for any reason then You may not without 242tasker.com's consent (in its absolute discretion) create any further accounts with 242tasker.com and we may terminate any other accounts You operate.
• 21.1 This Agreement is governed by the laws specified in Your Country Specific Terms.
• 21.2 The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision may be removed and the remaining provisions will be enforceable.
• 21.3 This Agreement may be assigned or novated by 242tasker.com to a third party without your consent. In the event of an assignment or novation the User will remain bound by this Agreement.
• 21.4 This Agreement sets out the entire understanding and agreement between the User and 242tasker.com with respect to its subject matter.
MODEL TASK CONTRACT
The terms used in this Task Contract have the meaning set out in the 242tasker.com Glossary. A Task Contract is created in accordance with the 242tasker.com Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed, the Poster and the Tasker enter into a Task Contract on the following terms:
• 1 COMMENCEMENT DATE AND TERM
o 1.1 The Task Contract is created when the Poster accepts the Tasker's Offer on a Posted Task to provide Services. When using Search Assist, the Task Contract is created when the Tasker makes an Instant Claim.
o 1.2 The Task Contract will continue until terminated in accordance with clause 7.
• 2 SERVICES
o 2.1 The Tasker will perform Services in a proper and workmanlike manner.
o 2.2 The Tasker must perform the Services at the time and location agreed.
o 2.3 The parties must perform their obligations in accordance with any other terms or conditions agreed by the parties during or subsequent to the creation of the Task Contract.
o 2.4 The parties acknowledge that the Task Contract is one of personal service where the Poster selected the Tasker to perform the Services. Therefore, the Tasker must not subcontract any part of the Services to any third party without the Poster's consent.
o 2.5 The Tasker remains responsible and liable at all times to the Poster for any acts or omissions of a subcontractor as if those acts or omissions had been made by the Tasker.
• 3 WARRANTIES
o 3.1 Each party warrants that the information provided in the creation of the Task Contract is true and accurate.
o 3.2 The Tasker warrants that they have (and any subcontractor has) the right to work and provide Services and hold all relevant licenses in the jurisdiction where the Services are performed.
• 4 PAYMENT OR CANCELLATION
o 4.1 Upon the creation of the Task Contract, the Poster must pay the Agreed Price into the Payment Account.
o 4.2 Upon the Services being completed, the Tasker will provide notice on the 242tasker.com Platform.
o 4.3 The Poster will be prompted to confirm the Services are complete. If the Tasker has completed the Services in accordance with clause 2, the Poster must use the 242tasker.com Platform to release the Tasker Funds from the Payment Account. For Recurring Services, the Tasker Funds for an Occurrence will automatically be released by 242tasker.com from the Payment Account to the Tasker unless paused by the Poster in accordance with the User's 242tasker.com Agreement.
o 4.4 If the parties agree to cancel the Task Contract, or the Poster is unable to contact the Tasker to perform the Task Contract, the Tasker Funds will be dealt with in accordance with the User's 242tasker.com Agreement.
• 5 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
o 5.1 Except for liability in relation to a breach of a Non-excludable Condition, the parties exclude all Consequential Loss arising out of or in connection to the Services, and any claims by any third person, or the Task Contract, even if the party causing the breach knew the loss was possible or the loss was otherwise foreseeable.
o 5.2 Subject to any insurance or agreement to the contrary, the liability of each party to the other except for a breach of any Non-Excludable Condition is capped at the Agreed Price.
• 6 DISPUTES
o 6.1 If a dispute arises between the parties, the parties will attempt to resolve the dispute within 14 days by informal negotiation (by phone, email or otherwise).
o 6.2 If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute in accordance with clause 6.1, either party may refer the dispute to 242tasker.com and act in accordance with clause 18 of the 242tasker.com Agreement.
• 7 TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
The Task Contract will terminate when:
o (a) the Services are completed, and the Agreed Price is released from the Payment Account.
o (b) a party is terminated or suspended from the 242tasker.com Platform, at the election of the other party.
o (c) otherwise agreed by the parties or the Third-Party Dispute Service; or
o (d) notified by 242tasker.com in accordance with the party's 242tasker.com Agreement.
• 8 APPLICATION OF POLICIES
The parties incorporate by reference the applicable Policies.
• 9 GOVERNING LAW
The Task Contract is governed by the laws of the jurisdiction where the Posted Task was posted on the 242tasker.com Platform in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas